Zurich Insurance, a leading insurance company, has a highly successful commercial insurance division, an area that specialises in loss control for companies within the construction and manufacturing industries.
Zurich’s objectives for this project were:
- to improve customer service levels through the supply of more accurate and timely information, following the completion of statutory plant inspections and the issue of inspection certificates,
- to implement a complete workflow solution taking into account the requirements of the business, the engineer and the customer,
- greater co-ordination between the various parts of the customer cycle to ensure all streams of the business could share and access consistent and up-to-date information,
- a streamlined and flexible solution to increase efficiency and productivity.
The System Dynamics solution encompassed a number of different enhancements and changes to the process, including:
- a collaborative, automated solution that provided a link with each section of the company,
- the creation of fully automated forms characterised by drop-down menus, increasing speed and efficiency,
- the pre-populated forms included 26 templates, to enable engineers to report on a range of insured equipment, in line with current legislation,
- facility for all engineers to access off-line and off-site functionality while waiting to access client sites,
- facility for engineers to upload or synchronise information via a dedicated ISDN line and submit all reports on a client-by-client basis.
The solution has provided a range of benefits to Zurich, including:
- enhanced efficiency, security and productivitys,
- reduced telephone costs, as engineers are able to work off-line,
- security was strengthened by enabling all reporting and updating to be synchronised across all departments involved in the customer cycle.