Servier is a leading French pharmaceutical company specialising in cardiology, diabetes, rheumatology and depression products and employing 20,000 people worldwide in 140 countries. Servier Industries Ireland (SII) is a Tableting and Packaging Plant based in Arklow, Co. Wicklow.
As part of their Maintenance Management processes, SII were eager to provide a user-friendly, extensible, well-supported EAM system that would enforce existing business rules to provide regulatory compliance.
System Dynamics collaborated closely with Servier IT and Maintenance staff to identify the key requirements of the new system. A series of workshops were conducted at the outset of the engagement, and carried through the process on a weekly basis. Due to the stringent regulation requirements in the pharmaceutical industry, a full System Life Cycle approach was followed based on the GAMP specifications.
IBM Maximo EAM Version 6 was configured and implemented to reflect the required business processes and integration with their Oracle JD Edwards ERP system.
The Implementation of Maximo EAM has provided SII many immediate and long-term benefits including:
- Full visibility of all Maintenance Asset data and Work History.
- Simplified assignation of resources to work and clear visibility of allocated work for technicians.
- An easy to use system with full access to technicians for entry of Work information at the Asset location
- Enforcement of Business Rules to ensure all work is carried out fully and correctly and all required information is collected.
- Full reporting capabilities, particularly used in Failure Reporting and analysis for Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
- Interfacing with the ERP System simplifies and speeds up the re-order process for Maintenance Spare Parts and Inventory.
- A fully validated system, which is stable, scalable, extensible, fully-supported and has an aggressive Vendor roadmap for further improvements.