Our client is part of a large Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices company, with operations across the globe and a turnover in excess $10bn. They operate in a highly regulated environment, including under regulations set and audited by the FDA and by the IMB (Irish Medicines Board).
The company has a corporate installation of Maximo 6.2, spanning multiple medical device manufacturing sites across Europe, for Enterprise Asset Management, and required the solution to be implemented and configured for use across its locations in Ireland.
System Dynamics was chosen as implementation partner for this company to implement the solution. The project commenced in June 2010 and went live February 2011.
In addition to standard implementation functions, ten customised training modules on the base Maximo functionality were updated to be client-specific and the core project team was trained in their operation.
System Dynamics led workshops to define the required processes for implementation, and undertook the required configuration. Due to the corporate nature of the installation, database and screen changes could not be easily applied, therefore business processes were enforced through implementation of workflows, escalations, and start centers.
The solution has enabled the company to:
- implement a best-fit preventative maintenance process,
- improve control and scheduling of preventive maintenance,
- automate corrective maintenance,
- ensure all data is captured every time by using workflows that guide users through work order reporting,
- know when work orders are close to their target completion date by using escalations,
- improve reporting and cost analysis.