The Irish Medicines Board (IMB) is a public body set up to ensure the quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines available in Ireland and to participate in systems designed to license medicines throughout the European Union.
In order to increase efficiency and productivity, the Irish Medicines Boards undertook to identify the key requirements for a new application for its compliance business area. The functions included licensing, inspection management, market compliance and enforcement, and the overarching planning component to manage these activities.
System Dynamics proposed our Case Management Framework, which is a set of reusable common components that form the building blocks of all of our case management implementations.
The solution provided is a platform developed for the IMB that could meet broad requirements for general compliance case management and reporting solutions, with specific application to healthcare compliance functions around the world.
The new compliance management system has provided the following benefits to the IMB:
- Central repository of data for reporting purposes.
- Tracking of time spent on a case.
- Tracking milestones completed on a case for KPI purposes.
- Versioning of data captured in electronic forms and providing an audit log of all changes.
- Automatic implementation of licence lifecycle removing the manual effort involved.
- Automatic generation of output licences and inspection reports based on data captured.
- Work queues to ensure prioritisation of activities.
- Outlook calendars integration to ensure users are aware of all required activities.