Celtic Anglian Water (CAW) operates in the development of water and wastewater assets providing water supply, wastewater treatment, plant operation, and maintenance services. Their operations include Wastewater Treatment Works for Dublin City Council, Waterford City Council, and Sligo County Council.
CAW were existing Maximo 4.1.1 customers and were satisfied with the product. The key driver in their decision to upgrade was additional functionality available in Maximo 7, notably:
- multiple sssets and locations on a single work order
- greater reporting abilities through the Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT).
- greater integration abilities through improvements in the Maximo Enterprise Adapter (MEA)
A workshop approach was used to determine business requirements to be implemented in a phased approach.
The System was configured for multi-site, with four sites set up for Ringsend, Sligo, and Waterford Wastewater Treatment Works, and Sligo Water Treatment Works.
System Dynamics undertook training at each of the four sites to bring all users up to date with the new Maximo system.
The Implementation of Maximo 7 has provided CAW with many immediate and future benefits, including:
- An easy to use system with full access for entry of work information
- All technicians are now using the system providing for greater collection of work history and resource time usage while also freeing up administrative staff
- An improved location/asset structure providing familiar location/asset names matching those in place in the SCADA system
- A true multi-site platform, providing a centrally located, multi-site, comprehensive maintenance system
- An extensible, stable, scalable, and fully-supported system with an aggressive vendor roadmap for further improvements