An Post is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of services which encompass postal, communication, retail and money transmission services. It is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 9,500 people through its national network of retail, processing, and delivery points.
An Post was looking to implement the MOSS 2007 platform, widen their knowledge of the environment and its capabilities, and build a new intranet solution for their CEO Corner.
System Dynamics was awarded the contract by An Post, for the provision of a range of services and solutions, building on the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) platform.
System Dynamics held several collaborative sessions with An Post. An approach was then outlined in three separate streams such that the operational, site design and development, and training deliverables could be delivered in a managed and transparent way converging at a single point.
The platform implementation, the knowledge required to take on the platform and the developed intranet solution were all delivered in a manner that supported each stream in isolation and as a combined delivery.
System Dynamics delivered the following core requirements to An Post:
- deployment of the Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 platform in An Post
- mentoring and training on the SharePoint platform
- design and implementation of a new intranet design with focus on the CEO Corner
The SharePoint intranet solution delivered the following key benefits to An Post:
- best of breed document management solution
- consistent template driven content
- integration options for other productivity solutions
- improved skills and knowledge of SharePoint for IT and the business communities
- powerful and engaging intranet site for their CEO corner
- firm foundation upon which to build an organisation wide intranet